Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Frozen squash cubes and meat muffins

On Monday I tried my hand at homemade baby food.  I am already seeing the benefit.  I bought 1 butternut squash for $1.19 and after mixing it with water to thin it down for Blake it filled 2 ice cube trays.  I have over a weeks worth of baby food for the price of a day.  Definitely worth the 10 minutes it took me to make it. (Minus the baking time).  I have not fed it to him yet but it is on the schedule for tomorrow. 


Jake is an unually picky eater.  Now I know most kids have their quirks about what they will and will not eat, but Jake is ridiculous.  He literally gags at the taste of leftover mac & cheese, will only eat chicken seasoned with salt & pepper, and thanks to Joel, will not touch an onion.  This tends to make cooking for a family something of a challenge.  Since everyone in my family likes meatloaf but everyone likes it a different way, I took the advice of my mother and now make individual meatloaves in a muffin tin.  This way I can make everyone their own exactly the way they like it. 

Jake's explanation of it all, "So we have frozen squash cubes to go along with our meat muffins?? Really??" I wonder how he is going to react to the green beans I'm going to puree tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment